What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger as the saying goes. We need to have resilience in all of life’s challenges big or small, the ability to bounce back after these challenges gives us a better ability to deal with stress and remain calm and positive.
- Find the rainbows after the storm : We may not be able to see it at the time but there is always something to be gained or learned from life’s challenges to help us move onto a better place through its lessons in the future.
- Nothing stays the same : Change is a natural part of life, the more you resist change the more stressed you will become. Savour the good times but also know that the bad times will pass too. Whatever happens you can’t avoid change, so go with it.
- Reach out :When tough times come calling don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for support when you need it. Build and maintain a strong network where you can rely on each other when times get tough.
- Look after yourself : Challenging times can be exhausting, take the time to look after yourself both physically and emotionally. You will be able to build more resilience if you have the physical and emotional energy to deal with it.
- Be objective : Look at the challenge with your objective goggles on. Stand back and look at the situation with objectivity. What has happened, what is in your control, what is not in your control, what needs to change, what ideas do you have to adjust to the new situation ?
- Face your fear : Pretending the situation is not happening will not only prolong the issue but will stop you moving forward in a healthy way. Focus on the solutions that will make your situation better even if it takes you out of your comfort zone.